Offbeat wishes to thank the following for their help in setting up this website
, and contributing towards it in 1997:
- Stewart Smith for initial technical help and advice.
- Nick Davidson for scanning and tidying the Offbeat logo.
- All others who have scanned in record sleeves and photos for us.
- All those who have contributed articles for this site.
Offbeat also says a big
'thank you!' to:
- Susan Vennard and John Hunt, our Scottish artistry and production department.
- Alex, our fanzine writer.
- All record shop proprieters who have displayed our posters; Chris (Forever Changes),
Ian (Jacks), and the staff of Record Collector, Rare and Racy, and Spin City.
- Martin Lilleker, Matt Evans, Alice Perman and 'Egg' for their regular Offbeat plugs
in the Sheffield Telegraph.
- Sue, Shirley and Nicola at Sheffield Uni' SU Ents' room booking.
- Penny and all at Sheffield Uni' SU Ents'.
- Pete, Steve and the other technical types who keep the Raynor Lounge working.
- All at SU Security.
- Graeme, Wayne and Steve H at Bar One/SU commercial services for their support.
- Chris Jones, our regular doorman for many years, and Emma for her money-collecting and stamping skills!
- Nick at Cool Delta, Krister and Harry at Wild Promotions, Jim at BMG, Chris, Raph and all at Renegade, Stephen at Upshot, Simon and Maddie at Beatwax, Che Records, Fantastic Plastic, Wiiija Records (esp. Shelley), Roxy Records, Popstar Records,
Blue Rose Records, Damaged Goods Records, Thee SPC, Squirrel Records, Chris TT, Revolution Promotions and anyone else
who has sent us records or any other freebies!
- Steve Lamacq at BBC Radios 1 and 6 for the regular plugs.
- The founders and various presidents of the Offbeat Music Society
at Warwick University for inspiration and a cool logo! In particular Paul Trimmer
and the 1999 exec' for sharing their excellent 1998 badge and t-shirt designs
- Those who lend us records for Offbeat on a regular or occasional basis.
- All Offbeat regulars for their support over the past 11 years.
We've used the following companies and they have done a good job for us:
This website was designed and constructed in HTML by Chris Stride in Summer 1998.
Click here to return to the Offbeat homepage and index